SHIRE WINDS is an inspiring set of 6 folk woodwind instruments, played by the hand of the principle Piccolo & Folk Winds specialist Stewart Mcilwham. This deeply intuitive and creativity inspiring set of virtual instruments is powered by our most advanced scripting to date. With fully automated performance modes, your velocity input controls which articulation automatically gets played in real time, like having the instrument in your own hands.
From spinning folklore tales of yesteryear, to being the driving force behind a breakneck speed jig - SHIRE WINDS can take you there.
FREEBIE INCLUDED: With every purchase of Shire Winds, you get a completely free copy of an exclusive percussion library 'SHIRE PERC' dedicated to stylistically supporting Shire Winds. A percussive collection from Foot Stomps and Hand Claps, to Doumbek Drum, Bodhran Drum & Tambourine.
You do not need to do anything to get the Percussion Library. Our email confirmation with your unique redemption code will include a code for both libraries by default with every purchase of Shire Winds.
Important Note: SHIRE WINDS requires the FULL version of Kontakt 5/6/7 or above. Do not purchase this if you only have Kontakt Player.
- 6 Unique and Inspiring Folk Wind Instruments (Irish Whistle, Irish Low Whistle, Wooden Celtic Flute, Celtic Piccolo, Asian Bamboo Flute & Ancient Recorders)
- Plus FREE accompanying Percussion Library 'Shire Perc' featuring 'Foot Stomps, Hand Claps, Doumbek Drum, Bodhran Drum & Tambourine'
- 5GB Space required (8GB Pre-Lossless Compression)
- 11,134 samples
- 4 mic positions
- Fully adaptive performance modes, with automatic keyswitching all controlled by deep velocity controlled, adjustable thresholds
- Adaptive True Legato with user threshold controls
- Scale Link modes for adaptive key signature linking on ornaments
- Single NKI housing for entire library for neater storage and easier access to changes of instrument
IN CONVERSATION WITH STEWART MCILWHAM
CONTEXTUAL DEMO (Folk Ballad)
CONTEXTUAL DEMO (Asian Folk Tune)
CONTEXTUAL DEMO (Medieval Dance)
CONTEXTUAL DEMO (Morrison's Jig)
The interface and the velocity mode that automatically varies the articulations allow to sketch naturally with great pleasure. The sound of the flutes is charming, very nice library!
Really a lot of good-sounding fun, especially with a wind controller.
Beautiful sound, very emotional and and so playable!